The Wind Swept Ghost
Are you present in this place, in this time?
Or were you swept away by the wind that blows across the land,
That spreads out the sand, that dries out the land, to never return?
Where are you today, on this day, on this day in May?
Does your phantom withstand the physical forces of the elements of the earth that beat against you?
Can you, do you, beat back the countervailing forces
And the forces of men who refuse to accept you?
Do I feel your spirit surrounding me where ever I am,
Or is it only my imagination that perceives your presence?
Please give a sign if you are here.
Give me a sign and show you exist.
I will persist.
If you exist, please tell whomever called out the name 'Ricky' to me, three mornings ago when I was asleep, 'hello.'
The voice awoke me in less than a second, and I replied, 'what? '
But there was no answer.
I looked around, but there no one in the room.
That event was a first.
Such an experience has never happened to me before.
I hope the voice will call me again.
I will always answer the call.
The call beyond all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Wind Swept Ghost by Richard Sullivan )
- The American dream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Fly, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Fissures Of Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Girl-child., Bieze Josephat
- Main Street U.S.A., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Cabin in the woods., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Swing, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The old water tower., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Comforted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Taken you back in time., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)