The Windy City
We climbed so high that day-
Recklessly in love,
I straddled the Sears Tower.
Burning desires drove us shameless,
mutual heat tore through
Like arsonists, we lit Chicago on fire-
Hot sex and history making;
spinning wild in the
You called me beautiful,
I deemed you so very
A girl with the gypsy upbringing,
handing out labels-
One night stand guy.
Italian guy, ciao.
I never settle-
not even down.
We've yet to meet.
Robin Bennett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Windy City by Robin Bennett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Eternal Life, Michael McParland
- The Comrade's Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- A Dream, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Spain, Nikola Vaptsarov
- ONE MORE ANNIVERSARY, Satish Verma
- A Love Song, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Enough Hate, Michael McParland
- Endless Deep Beauty, Michael McParland
- Electricity, Michael McParland
- In The Summer After "Issue Year&quo.., Roberta Hill Whiteman