The Wings of Woe Betide
We're waiting in the wings of woe-betide
within the corridors of destiny.
Condemned and hemmed in on this reckless ride,
with self-delusion, thinking we are free
to waver left and right as is our choice,
dictating how the plot will bob and weave.
Convinced that someone up there, hears our voice,
as finite nothing's so hard to believe.
But just suppose, the story of your life
was written down a thousand years ago,
with blood as ink and scripted by a knife.
In truth you really have nowhere to go.
Our paths may well be mapped out, till we die...
but that does not mean that we shouldn't try.
Dan Reynolds's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Wings of Woe Betide by Dan Reynolds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- MY SITUATION IS MY REMINDER OF MY MYSELF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We will take our fires..., Marshall Gass
- Seed Pod, Marshall Gass
- Changeover, Marshall Gass
- Together Forever, Maureen Alikor
- [ Its winter here and clutching at warmt.., Marshall Gass
- Coin, Marshall Gass
- The ruling of the king without proper go.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The emptiness at the end of the sea, Tony French
- The Stripper, Phil Soar