The Wolf's Cry.
In the darkness of the night
I hear the wolf's cry
He cries for his family
Long gone in the dead of winter
All alone with no one to guide him
Alone to fend for himself.
Fear creeping in his mind
Thoughts of death scare the young wolf
This his first time alone
He knows only to follow instinct.
As the morning creeps up on him
So does the hungry lion*
Smelling the scent of blood
Dripping from the lion's teeth
The young wolfs launches himself at unspecting prey
Finally the wolf has made it's first kill.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Wolf's Cry. by Ben mcelfresh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Bijay Kant Dubey
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Indian Babas And Their Sex Scandals, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Pickled with fate and time, Aftab Alam
- A Preface to My Autobiography, Valsa George
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- In HIm Alone, david kush
- Irony of the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..