The Wonder of Snow
As I draw open my curtains in the early hours of the morning, the brightness of the sheer white blanket suddenly awakens me.
The sun is also out reflecting on the layer like a parade of bombarded but delicate pearls.
The sheer white layer still untouched… so pure and virginal…
What a scenic surprise!
What a rare occurrence!
What a magnificent day!
The towering dark trees standing so pretty covered all white.
Each coated branch shimmers and glitters so modest in the sun.
Just like crystal figurines on show in the streets.
Out of the blue gushes of children come out to play.
The tiny patter of feet christens the snow.
The sheer white layer is no longer untouched… but what a joy!
The wonder of snow…
Premila Patel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Wonder of Snow by Premila Patel )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Ghazal: In Silence, Mimi Khalvati
- Awaiting for March, Rimni chakravarty
- Of Snowdrape On Winterscape..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry
- Dawn, Rinzen Norbu
- Season of Laziness, Rimni chakravarty
- There's no tree that won't ever bend, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Dragon is just sleeping, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Impossibility, Tanya K.Tuomi
- An Unemployed Machinist, John Giorno