I see crowds of people impatient to assume the world,
I started to question because I never felt certain,
I learn such a vision of the streets a little more than words,
at the point where language falls away a whole lot of pain.
The myths and realities, crime and popular culture
as they sit and think they cross themselves in fear,
I watched the fire blazing of things past! Who was unaware?
American dream as they putted themselves in danger!
A driveby shooting through the ghetto been close to tragedy,
move from the gates now behind the state another man down,
think not of them the purpose of fighting of the human misery.
For the sake of God or for the sake of personal gain?
Another of the atheist's questions and diseases of the heart,
involved in magic addicted to desires and pleasures, manipulators!
Educated in this cold streets a feeling invoking the past,
let me be true, I flew like a flash, ups! Trials and tribulations.
Paranoia rolling with this one and that one and everything around.
Before I understood this place and my heart's conditions,
much silence on between like a thread to hold in the mind
withholding the tongue not withholding the heart and actions.
Don't talk to talk if you walk to walk who walk the talk?
Actions are distinguished one from the other, another mob suspect,
the menace of the years the poison of the fake,
the knowledge forms the foundation is just a different aspect.
The time resumes by chances what we cannot say or guess,
I try to resist to temptations as men strives for right,
I am struggling and seeking to find the way and truthfulness,
and doors succeed doors of true minds alright.
Muhammad Bilal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World by Muhammad Bilal )
- Destiny....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 9, ramesh rai
- Our House Is The Mountain Top, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At no cost, hasmukh amathalal
- Overcompensation, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Virtual White Teeth, douglas scotney
- Transformation, Amitava Sur
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 8, ramesh rai
- Space Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rail Blaze, Thomas Plotz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt.., Miss Remy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)