The World to Rights.
Putting the world
She, Mrs Clark,
and Old Ma Collins
are like an outpost
of the United Nations.
the world to rights
all right. No one else
would get a word in
edgeways. Had a bloke
like that in the army.
He could talk the hind leg
off a donkey. Bit simple
he was, but he did half talk.
Perkins he was called.
Lost a leg he did,
but didn't stop him talking.
Reckon if he lost his head
he'd still manage
to chat away
to himself somehow.
Terry Collett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World to Rights. by Terry Collett )
- I Dare Not To Tell You., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
- Too Few Words, Tex T Sarnie
- Wake up!, Md. Asadullah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Worker Reads History, Bertolt Brecht
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)