The Would Be Poet's Lament.
I'm really trying
But all my thoughts
In words go flying.
It ain't much fun
As all my verse
In spite of In-spir-at-ion!
Iambs just jam,
Are bounded by parameters.
Sonnets, lyrics, epics, odes,
Cantos-pantos, other modes
Buzz my brain
And then implode.
Margery Rehman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Would Be Poet's Lament. by Margery Rehman )
- The story of the soap, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Identification of a Rat by Act, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Walk, Steve Kittell
- Love Is, Deborah Kelley
- GOD, Joseph Ogbonna
- Dragonfly, Deborah Kelley
- The Daughter of the Earth - 18, gajanan mishra
- Let Me Dwell IN Thy Arms, Pijush Biswas
- Dimensional Reality, Deborah Kelley
- Je me souviens..., Richard John
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Bush, My Lover, William Henry Ogilvie
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)