The Yawning Solitude
Though being circles by preety companions
And to a fun laughing with a friend genuine,
Banish I can not the solitude of the mind
To pieces my mental pain I can not grind.
So called a virgin, I am by this time
In the whors of beauty too a leaf is mine.
But unlike any other I wish by my heart,
Not to attract any youth, dandy or smart.
Adolescence is beautifier of all the virgins,
Virginal beauty is compared with a flame,
Being disastorous perishing hearts of young men
And equally scorching the heart of the virgin.
Scorched mind preserves ashes of memoirs,
In its midst can reside only solitude yawning.
Poet: Ratnakar D.Mandlik.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Yawning Solitude by Ratnakar Mandlik )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bereaved, Susmit Panda
- True love, Einar Johan Wetaas
- Incredible Semi-final of 2014 FIFA World.., rajendran muthiah
- Roller Coaster, Jeffrey Lee
- A Late Night Dream, Jeffrey Lee
- Leaving The Campus, Think of I Taking To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu
- When Your Dark Shadows, Susmit Panda
- Ballade of the hours of darkness, Gert Strydom
- Prime Truth - 15, Pranab K. Chakraborty