The Years Compose Odes
The years compose odes to the wintry bygone light.
Everything that was to happen happened long ago.
No one compares to your beauty in this world, my love.
Under northern sky, above death and life,
Aurora Borealis, life ago.
God shows to the world His days, and night,
the white of snow, and the dark’s colossal face,
and to the end of life
beholds you on your ways
without blinking off the dark, without dimming light.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Years Compose Odes by Roman Pines )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THE BEGINING OFLOVE, victoria suzyo phiri
- Fat with the Promise of Lean Streaks, Keith Johnson
- Desistance Hunting, Keith Johnson
- Dubious Gifts, Keith Johnson
- Coffee with Martin and Peter, Keith Johnson
- The Poetry Round, Keith Johnson
- Thursday Morning, Keith Johnson
- 8 bloody moons, Richard Thripp
- Two Way Guilt, Michael McParland
- Two Lost Souls, Michael McParland