..........................The Yellow Rose
The Veil is translucent. Owls eye complacently.
Do not fly. Not this day, night.
They blink gold discs. Ruffle feathers.
Talon branches tight, anchoring legends.
Mists under Sun, Moon.
Owls of lace, blood, warmth...waiting.
My father twined the Linden and Ash, though
He never knew...while Earth held him.
Blooded fighting hands, balancing the butterfly.
Teaching me. Softness, quiet, gentility.
Voice to shake mountains. Move them
Out of his weariness.
Yellow roses. His favorite.
Did he take one with him...
Or leave them all with me...
Owls call my name, today. Did you hear them?
Again, and again. I cannot answer the legend.
Tethers loosen. Drifting. Floating away from
The Shore. Freedom. Lightness.
My father's hand reaches through the Mist.
Pulls me back.
His other hand holds a yellow rose.
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (..........................The Yellow Rose by elysabeth faslund )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- ALL YOUR HEART 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The echo you held as your own, Mark Heathcote
- Child eater, Nassy Fesharaki
- Small but, gajanan mishra
- Express shame, hasmukh amathalal
- JOEL OSTEEN MAILMAN FOR THE LORD!, Tom Zart
- Quotation #2, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Stepping Into Promises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Every Cell There Is A White Dove, mary douglas
- Child of the Supreme, gajanan mishra