..........................The Yellow Rose
The Veil is translucent. Owls eye complacently.
Do not fly. Not this day, night.
They blink gold discs. Ruffle feathers.
Talon branches tight, anchoring legends.
Mists under Sun, Moon.
Owls of lace, blood, warmth...waiting.
My father twined the Linden and Ash, though
He never knew...while Earth held him.
Blooded fighting hands, balancing the butterfly.
Teaching me. Softness, quiet, gentility.
Voice to shake mountains. Move them
Out of his weariness.
Yellow roses. His favorite.
Did he take one with him...
Or leave them all with me...
Owls call my name, today. Did you hear them?
Again, and again. I cannot answer the legend.
Tethers loosen. Drifting. Floating away from
The Shore. Freedom. Lightness.
My father's hand reaches through the Mist.
Pulls me back.
His other hand holds a yellow rose.
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (..........................The Yellow Rose by elysabeth faslund )
- DALYA IN RAVENSBURG 74, Terry Collett
- Tomar Hansi Tomar Kanna, ramesh rai
- But peace, hasmukh amathalal
- Rah! rRah! Siss-boom-bah!, Frank Avon
- Same enthusiasm, hasmukh amathalal
- NOT / Heart-related, Alan Hickman
- Boy last, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbyes Are Hard, Sayli Satam
- I LOVE PARIS, Terry Collett
- Unrhymed, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Heather Burns