..........................The Yellow Rose
The Veil is translucent. Owls eye complacently.
Do not fly. Not this day, night.
They blink gold discs. Ruffle feathers.
Talon branches tight, anchoring legends.
Mists under Sun, Moon.
Owls of lace, blood, warmth...waiting.
My father twined the Linden and Ash, though
He never knew...while Earth held him.
Blooded fighting hands, balancing the butterfly.
Teaching me. Softness, quiet, gentility.
Voice to shake mountains. Move them
Out of his weariness.
Yellow roses. His favorite.
Did he take one with him...
Or leave them all with me...
Owls call my name, today. Did you hear them?
Again, and again. I cannot answer the legend.
Tethers loosen. Drifting. Floating away from
The Shore. Freedom. Lightness.
My father's hand reaches through the Mist.
Pulls me back.
His other hand holds a yellow rose.
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (..........................The Yellow Rose by elysabeth faslund )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane
- Devil Tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- My Translations!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam