..........................The Yellow Rose
The Veil is translucent. Owls eye complacently.
Do not fly. Not this day, night.
They blink gold discs. Ruffle feathers.
Talon branches tight, anchoring legends.
Mists under Sun, Moon.
Owls of lace, blood, warmth...waiting.
My father twined the Linden and Ash, though
He never knew...while Earth held him.
Blooded fighting hands, balancing the butterfly.
Teaching me. Softness, quiet, gentility.
Voice to shake mountains. Move them
Out of his weariness.
Yellow roses. His favorite.
Did he take one with him...
Or leave them all with me...
Owls call my name, today. Did you hear them?
Again, and again. I cannot answer the legend.
Tethers loosen. Drifting. Floating away from
The Shore. Freedom. Lightness.
My father's hand reaches through the Mist.
Pulls me back.
His other hand holds a yellow rose.
elysabeth faslund's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (..........................The Yellow Rose by elysabeth faslund )
- The Occident's Secession, michael walkerjohn
- One's Mind, michael walkerjohn
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
- Flowers!, rajendran muthiah
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
- Last Words Played, michael walkerjohn
- Death is certain, hasmukh amathalal
- The Little Men, michael walkerjohn
- Furthest Right, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley