There's A Brontosaurus In Cabazon
There's a Brontosaurus, in Cabazon.
He's standing there, though he should be gone.
Big as a mountain, a big huge thing,
he is humongous, but not the king.
You can't imagine his gigantic size,
as you try to focus your incredulous eyes.
It is a sight you must behold,
Better even than bars of gold.
Off to the north you look and see,
a Tyranosaurus who should'nt be.
But yes he's there, bigger than life,
and i think he really likes my wife.
She is sitting on his claws right now,
smiling at me and asking how,
this surreal scene can come to be,
But I'm still staring, Incredulously.
Come to Cabazon, see for yourself,
take your hat from off the shelve.
Turn your book to the Jurrassic page,
Go back in time to a bygone age.
5/19/10 29 palms ca.
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There's A Brontosaurus In Cabazon by Juan Olivarez )
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate
- Here We Go Again, Dylon Cain
- Bitter Slave, S. I. Rednow
- The Pilot, S. I. Rednow
- Happy Times are Coming, michael hagwood
- Lest We Forget, S. I. Rednow
- For Years Now, Dylon Cain
- Christmas Spirit, S. I. Rednow
- After Three, S. I. Rednow
- Ambivolent Thanks, S. I. Rednow