There's A Brontosaurus In Cabazon
There's a Brontosaurus, in Cabazon.
He's standing there, though he should be gone.
Big as a mountain, a big huge thing,
he is humongous, but not the king.
You can't imagine his gigantic size,
as you try to focus your incredulous eyes.
It is a sight you must behold,
Better even than bars of gold.
Off to the north you look and see,
a Tyranosaurus who should'nt be.
But yes he's there, bigger than life,
and i think he really likes my wife.
She is sitting on his claws right now,
smiling at me and asking how,
this surreal scene can come to be,
But I'm still staring, Incredulously.
Come to Cabazon, see for yourself,
take your hat from off the shelve.
Turn your book to the Jurrassic page,
Go back in time to a bygone age.
5/19/10 29 palms ca.
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There's A Brontosaurus In Cabazon by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My hero(Bob Dylan), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Azal se aashna..., Azhar Sabri
- Going For Gold, Angela Wybrow
- A Tragic Fairy Tale, Pankti Vadalia
- Sealed Lips, Tony Adah
- Autumn, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Reasons Not To Visit Dachau, Leslie Philibert
- St. Valentine's Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pleasure's Signs, Edgar Albert Guest
- Bud Discusses Cleanliness, Edgar Albert Guest