There Was A Beau
One time in the month of September
There was a beau I do remember.
There he was with pleasures bright
and there was I filled with fright.
Afraid to give my heart away
I let my fear get in the way.
I closed my eyes. He asked for naught.
I opened my eyes and never forgot.
When September comes every year
I remember the beau, not the fear.
My fear is gone. Love please return.
For still my heart for you does yearn.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (There Was A Beau by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Bigger Than His Dad, Edgar Albert Guest
- Autumn In Sussex, Radclyffe Hall
- Another's Gentle Whisper, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Boy's Adventure, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Christmas Box, Edgar Albert Guest
- Next Of Kin, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Honor Roll, Edgar Albert Guest
- Safe At Home, Edgar Albert Guest
- Old Years And New, Edgar Albert Guest
- She Powders Her Nose, Edgar Albert Guest