Gareth Glyn Roberts
They Age Faster Up North
If you live in the North you age faster
You get more lines round your mouth
If you live in Leeds or Lancaster
Than some cushy number down South.
Up North they use Botox and mud packs
You're more likely to use a sunbed
If you live in Hoole or Halifax
Then somewhere like sunny East Grinstead.
Northerners put loads of weight on
You'll be fatter and more obese
If you live in Cleethorpes or Clayton
Than in Portsmouth or possibly Greece.
Living up North you get wrinkly
That's why they pile on more slap
In Hartlepool and Hinckley
Than south of Watford Gap.
50's the new 40 down south
And 60's the in thing to be
But for those in Liverpool or Louth
30's the new 103.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Age Faster Up North by Gareth Glyn Roberts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Change, Sandra Feldman
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu