THEY NEVER HAVE A DOUBT... MAR 3RD,2014
THEY NEVER HAVE A DOUBT … MAR 3RD,2014
Our politicians are very busy going here and going there,
To meetings and giving the illusion that they really care,
But no medically assisted death so we could die in pain,
Did the Supreme Court treat Sue Rodriguez with disdain?
But we have Pierre Trudeau’s Charter so we must be all right,
And all those appointed senators are an elegant sight,
Seated in a huge red room till they are each seventy five,
It’s possible that by then, you or I may not be alive.
And those appointees can’t have medically assisted death,
They too could die in pain but this is something they’ve been told to forget?
Then add the Senate scandals and try to figure it all out,
And why is it that these appointed elites never have a doubt?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THEY NEVER HAVE A DOUBT... MAR 3RD,2014 by James Bredin )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)