They Stand On Nature's Side
Some influentials seem to think trees should not grow in town
And to build motor race track in the park they cut the tall trees down
The minority who care come to protest angered at what they see
But their protests won't be in vain if they can save one tree.
Their trees cut down the birds have left to seek new territory
And possum died a painful death crushed by the fallen tree
But Government doesn't seem to care by protest unperturbed
What value to their coffers is a possum, tree or bird?
Above the voices of the protesters the chain saws I can hear
And the Government claiming victory but they don't have a victory here
To cut down trees to build race track doesn't seem to make much sense
And any assault on Mother Nature is a serious offence.
To make way for a racing track a park has been destroyed
But the protesters at Albert Park in their fight can take pride
Each time they come to protest they stand on Nature's side
And though they may not have saved Albert Park their very best they tried.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (They Stand On Nature's Side by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas
- Over a bug;, george albot
- On Her Wintry Planet, At The Close Of Day, mary douglas
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Incredible Pink Playhouse, mary douglas
- Let Us Return To The Country Of Clouds, mary douglas
- I Dreamed Of A Language, mary douglas
- Snow Globe Vision Of La Belle Et La Bete, mary douglas
- Flower in snow, ramesh rai