Think of Me
Think of me when darkness nears with tingling fingertips.
Remember my hand, gloved and smooth, upon your crimson lips.
Don’t forget the time we had, it wasn’t all for naught.
The best week of my life it was, a sauna moist and hot.
I didn’t start to gain that end, I’d planned another way
Seeing you asleep and calm, my will just melts away.
I watch you careful not to move a curl upon your head.
At first I turn to leave, and then I close the blinds instead.
Glance around before you leave the safety of your car
Could another strong and sure be watching from afar?
Listen closely as you slide the key into the lock
Ponder dark and shadowed car driving up the block.
Behind each tree a figure lurks, a searching, desperate soul
With groping hands, a bearded face, a dagger, hard and cold
Duck inside to close the door and slide the bolt in place
Check the corners of the room with fear upon your face.
You haven’t moved, I see. Not yet. So close to memories there.
The bed, the rug, your lacy shirts, your silky underwear.
You kept the blindfold on your eyes so that you wouldn’t know
Who it was that filled the streams you thought were dried below.
As I turned to leave that night, you reached for me and sighed
And told me that you’d never let another man inside
Asking, pleading for my name, I will come back when?
As I watch you sleeping, I’m thinking back to then.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Think of Me by Andrew Stimatze )
- Acting Judge, Tim caffery
- Your lovely smile, Jesus James Llorico
- Past Reloaded, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
- Black Wings, Lilly Emery
- United we Stand Divided we fall, Aftab Alam
- Beauty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Come Home, Richard Provencher
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)