~Thirteen Ways of Looking at Nature ~
Look at all of the trees,
Many different shapes and sizes,
bright colors and dark colors.
Look at all of the animals,
that live, eat, and sleep there.
What types of animals are there?
Look at the mountains,
What types are there?
Are there Volcanic Mountains,
Look at the oceans,
feel the breeze on your fingerprints.
See if you can see any fishes.
Look at the birds in the sky,
how they flock as one.
So many that you can't even count.
Look at the flowers.
Blues, reds, and yellows.
The sweet smell of lovely flowers.
Look at the weather,
The changes in the seasons.
Do you the waterfalls.
Rapidly water drops,
flows over a steep region or a cliff.
Look at the rainforest,
So many shades of green.
Look above, up to the sky.
Is it daybreak or is it nighttime?
Is there any clouds?
Look at the stars.
Can you see the north stars?
Are there a lot of stars?
Look at the moon.
Is there a full moon tonight?
Is the moon bright?
Look at all of the nature things God has put on this earth.
Look at nature,
Nature is calm, beautiful and serene,
Yet we abuse it.
Black Love's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~Thirteen Ways of Looking at Nature ~ by Black Love )
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
- O For a Thousand Tongues, Betsy Sholl
- What I Can Say: To My Sisters, Betsy Sholl
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)