~Thirteen Ways of Looking at Nature ~
Look at all of the trees,
Many different shapes and sizes,
bright colors and dark colors.
Look at all of the animals,
that live, eat, and sleep there.
What types of animals are there?
Look at the mountains,
What types are there?
Are there Volcanic Mountains,
Look at the oceans,
feel the breeze on your fingerprints.
See if you can see any fishes.
Look at the birds in the sky,
how they flock as one.
So many that you can't even count.
Look at the flowers.
Blues, reds, and yellows.
The sweet smell of lovely flowers.
Look at the weather,
The changes in the seasons.
Do you the waterfalls.
Rapidly water drops,
flows over a steep region or a cliff.
Look at the rainforest,
So many shades of green.
Look above, up to the sky.
Is it daybreak or is it nighttime?
Is there any clouds?
Look at the stars.
Can you see the north stars?
Are there a lot of stars?
Look at the moon.
Is there a full moon tonight?
Is the moon bright?
Look at all of the nature things God has put on this earth.
Look at nature,
Nature is calm, beautiful and serene,
Yet we abuse it.
Black Love's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~Thirteen Ways of Looking at Nature ~ by Black Love )
- Willing To Able To Do Your Best, Ronell Warren Alman
- When Tears Will Fall, Eleonor Santiago
- Seeing Answers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 7, ramesh rai
- Downside Up?, Von Kimball Barney
- And grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Doubts emerge, hasmukh amathalal
- A little girl's eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)