Andrew David Dalby
This Entreaty is mine
Through faults line dominion
Like a mad fool king,
With deep aching rage I stand;
Fighting for the right to be loved.
Is it so unfair a thing that I ask?
Is love... love... pure selfless love,
Nothing more than an aching
need within me?
Or am I like the delicate angel,
Who sings of the sweet and gentle
Yet is nothing other than an echo,
From a dry and dusty hymnal,
Thrown to the floor,
On a mid september morn...
No I say!
And No again!
For I am more than that...
I am created,
Born out of desire,
Thrust into life,
I scream my own precious melody
for all the world to hear...
In doing so,
Feel deep satisfaction,
in her tender loving kiss.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Entreaty is mine by Andrew David Dalby )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THE MULES' TIME زمن البغال, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sing Along Song, Sandra Feldman
- world war one, lee fones
- My Love, My God, Lilly Emery
- انتخاب واحد, Zahra Shariat
- Have We Meet Each Other Before?, Poetheart (back)
- we need a porch and a good sized moon, Mandolyn Davidson
- A TREACHEROUS AGGRESSION AGAINST INNOCEN.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love Is A Small Word, Lilly Emery
- varicose veins, lee fones