This Is Goodbye
Who would have thought the day would come, when I'd look at you and say, 'I'm sorry, but you're not 'The One'.'
You're not the one who will make me laugh, you're not the my life, my world, my other half. You're not about to be the shoulder I cry on.
I've known for a while now, but baby I'm done.
I'm done with you're games and all you're lies.
Don't know how much more I can take, how much more my eyes can cry.
I thought I could deal with it and I'd be just fine.
But after all this time I realize my heart was blind.
I'm sorry but this is what I need to do.
I need to forget you and start over new.
I can't do this anymore.
I'm tired of picking my heart off the floor.
I have to do this for my own good.
And not because people are telling me to, but because I know I should.
So I guess this is it, I guess this is goodbye
christane darling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Is Goodbye by christane darling )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Sir Walter Scott
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.