This Is Goodbye
Who would have thought the day would come, when I'd look at you and say, 'I'm sorry, but you're not 'The One'.'
You're not the one who will make me laugh, you're not the my life, my world, my other half. You're not about to be the shoulder I cry on.
I've known for a while now, but baby I'm done.
I'm done with you're games and all you're lies.
Don't know how much more I can take, how much more my eyes can cry.
I thought I could deal with it and I'd be just fine.
But after all this time I realize my heart was blind.
I'm sorry but this is what I need to do.
I need to forget you and start over new.
I can't do this anymore.
I'm tired of picking my heart off the floor.
I have to do this for my own good.
And not because people are telling me to, but because I know I should.
So I guess this is it, I guess this is goodbye
christane darling's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Is Goodbye by christane darling )
- Contradict, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Common Sense, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Love's Slow Death, Wilma Horne
- Door to the Mind, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Traveler, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Pockets Of Lace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Just You, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Cry of the Unwanted, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Beneath the Words, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- Believe, Fariza Nur Shabrina
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)