This Is Goodbye
Who would have thought the day would come, when I'd look at you and say, 'I'm sorry, but you're not 'The One'.'
You're not the one who will make me laugh, you're not the my life, my world, my other half. You're not about to be the shoulder I cry on.
I've known for a while now, but baby I'm done.
I'm done with you're games and all you're lies.
Don't know how much more I can take, how much more my eyes can cry.
I thought I could deal with it and I'd be just fine.
But after all this time I realize my heart was blind.
I'm sorry but this is what I need to do.
I need to forget you and start over new.
I can't do this anymore.
I'm tired of picking my heart off the floor.
I have to do this for my own good.
And not because people are telling me to, but because I know I should.
So I guess this is it, I guess this is goodbye
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Is Goodbye by christane darling )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki
- I have seen everywhere, gajanan mishra
- joe dassin, co the skipper
- Of Course, Sonya Annita Song