RoseAnn V. Shawiak
This Lonely Heart
Stripped of life, being left alone and abandoned on deserted
shores of life.
Wanting tirelessly to walk through the surf as tides beat
incessantly against the sand on edges of daylight.
Solace following me at times, trying to change this lonely
heart into one fully knowing what love truly is.
To feel it's genuine truth and honesty in depths I have
never even been before.
Experiencing nothing but heartache and pain in life, now
wanting to change this interior lonely life.
Giving up the sacrifices of a lifetime, now just wanting
to know and feel what love really, truly is.
Knowing that no one can ever lead me to this ending I
continue to be bereft in every phase I go through and enter.
Lonely unto the ending breath I take.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Lonely Heart by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Verbal Calisthenics, Sylvia Plath
- RESPECT ISN'T FOR BODY SIZE., Changez Ndzai
- The Goring, Sylvia Plath
- Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone, Sylvia Plath
- To A Jilted Lover, Sylvia Plath
- Event, Sylvia Plath
- To Eva Descending The Stair, Sylvia Plath
- Fate's Decisions, Tex T Sarnie
- My Body, Tammy Sue Moore
- Aiming High, Tex T Sarnie