This, Perhaps, Is Me!
A Gemini, who's fine faulting his birth star
For his ever-shifting preference and desire!
A dad, who would want to spend 'quality time'
With daughters but’d 'miss the bus', then whine!
A doer, who cannot well draw thick line
Between work-n-life, so’d hanker for proportion.
A friend, whose buddies live so far away
That he gives-n-gets little time from each guy.
A spouse, his wife always seems to desire
That he does change at least a wee bit for better!
A son, whose father has had many a difference
Simple or ideological, and most yet to harmonise.
A son, whose mother believes he's her fame
Has to be, because he does bear her dad’s name!
A sibling, who has varied brothers-n-sisters
Some show love, others wonder how, perhaps!
A poet, who’s now seeking 'verses' for poem
Because that's what has been the prediction!
A lover, of travel, trivia, food, movies, music
With desire to draw out of life, its very essence!
A soul, who’s seeking to find life's purpose
So is searching inside-n-out and this is him, perhaps!
Padmanabhan Ananth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (This, Perhaps, Is Me! by Padmanabhan Ananth )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher
- In the clouds, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Missing You Now, Nida Sofi
- EVERY POEM HAS ITS PHILOSOPHER AND ITS P.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Going to meet an end, gajanan mishra