This place we call home
Home is where the heart is.
for what is this place
where mother lies broken
in the strong old chair
watching sentimental films
failing to provide catharsis?
Broken- - not like the lines on grandmother's face- -
they have come with age- -
Mother has aged before her age
in this place
she calls home.
What is this place
where father is afraid
every passing moment- -
afraid- - to meet the children's eye- - afraid of a shame- -a shame so shameful
even getting crushed under the train could not have splattered it away?
So he came back- -
having sat for too long on the tracks
to this place
he calls home.
The long vacations are here again- -
I think I will go back
to this place I just told you
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This place we call home by Aditi Arora )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Cliche', Jon M. Nelson
- Prime Truth - 71, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Whiff By Kedarnath Sharma, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Red Dawn, Edward Kofi Louis
- When she could ask for sky, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Silent Water Runs Deep, Jon M. Nelson
- Extinction, Jon M. Nelson
- My Tourniquet, Kyle Schlicher
- Roses In My Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- Life Is, Jon M. Nelson