This place we call home
Home is where the heart is.
for what is this place
where mother lies broken
in the strong old chair
watching sentimental films
failing to provide catharsis?
Broken- - not like the lines on grandmother's face- -
they have come with age- -
Mother has aged before her age
in this place
she calls home.
What is this place
where father is afraid
every passing moment- -
afraid- - to meet the children's eye- - afraid of a shame- -a shame so shameful
even getting crushed under the train could not have splattered it away?
So he came back- -
having sat for too long on the tracks
to this place
he calls home.
The long vacations are here again- -
I think I will go back
to this place I just told you
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This place we call home by Aditi Arora )
- Holding on to a love, Jamie Fox
- Mixed Up, Ima Ryma
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- An Emotional Story I Couldn't Tell, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi