This Soldier Wants to Say...
Let me say this loud,
In words so bold,
I want to tell a soldiers story,
Carrying dead bodies,
In a human remains bag,
My heart is heavy,
My shoulders sag.
As the suns shines here,
We search and roam,
I must send letters home.
Tell a loved one,
Their son was brave,
My insides roaring,
Like an oceans wave.
Tired and weary of this continuous fight,
Writing many letters in the dark of night.
I think of my wife,
When I finally sleep,
Praying to God...
My soul...to keep.
Philip Lore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (This Soldier Wants to Say... by Philip Lore )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- The Giving Tree, Shel Silverstein
- Myself, Edgar Albert Guest
- Where Is The Respect, Ronell Warren Alman
- Went up a year this evening!, Emily Dickinson
- Universally Respected, James Brunton Stephens
- RESPECT, don wilson
- Heavenly Father, Emily Dickinson
- Respect, David Harris
- Respectability, Robert Browning
- A Christmas Carol, William Topaz McGonagall
Poem of the Day
- Heal Us, Sandra Feldman
- Let's Be Positively Civilized, Sandra Feldman
- Communist Goons, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Trinmul Congress Party's Gift Is The Fre.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Dark Chapter, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Sun Sings in You, Patti Masterman
- Desolate Fox, Prasad Natarajan
- Real Poverty, Abdullah alHemaidy
- A Dream In My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Peace, Leonard Champlin