I have no more friends.
They have all left me.
Or I left them.
I haven’t decided yet,
If they didn’t like me anymore.
Tossed me out
Like an old, scruffy toy.
Forgotten about me
Like that day we hung out at the park
Three years ago.
They probably forgot.
Or I haven’t decided yet
If I pushed them away.
Tired of the flakiness
Ditching the plans we made
To smoke and drink with other people.
On the surface,
I will smile and laugh when
We get back together
To laugh and reminisce.
But deep down I want to ask why.
Why did you ditch me?
Left me alone,
To my own thoughts.
Thoughts that whisper dark suggestions
Into my ears.
Former people I used to know.
We had fun
And if I look back in
I will wonder whatever happened
To those people I laughed with.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Those People by Tess Lauren )
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR