RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Waving lines in my vision, giving time to contemplate
what they mean in depths of thoughtful interludes sent
to me in deepened moods of emotion.
Slowly, climbing, mountain peaks of turmoil, calculating
their existence in my mind.
Focusing totally on the steps it will take to surmount
all the obstacles standing in my way.
Sololy, walking steadily, keeping my mind on elaborating thoughts given to me on the way up.
Shaking screens with words of powered sadness, giving
the essence of my life graceful entrance into a cruel
world, reality has left behind.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thoughtful Interludes by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Passion and Risks, UMBELINA FROTA Linhares Pime ..
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Dee Jay
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip