David Chap Bottoms
Thoughts and Solitude
The room is still,
The walls quietly creek with the stillness of my breath.
The bright screen illuminating my face,
Eyes glued to quite moving pictures.
My mind is gone,
Racking thoughts away as my body lays here.
So much pain and heart ache,
So much uncertainty within my soul.
I can feel it struggling,
Trying to not tear apart.
I can feel the warmth in my face rise,
Memories flash in my mind.
They are so vivid,
I can almost touch them.
Those cold tears fall from my face,
Without even realizing or reacting to them.
They fall silent,
Just as I have.
I can no longer stare at the burning light,
I can only bury my head into the pillows.
The sounds are muffled,
And they are low.
I mutter a pray to myself,
But it fills the quiet room.
It is for strength,
Not selfish prayers for just me,
But for her as well.
Prayers for the future,
That might be.
But it is better to just wait,
For time to work its course.
Turning back to the screen,
I wipe my eyes.
I find the remote,
And the room fills with a low sound.
I stare at the bright screen,
As I try and reach my peace.
David Chap Bottoms's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thoughts and Solitude by David Chap Bottoms )
- Matty Matter Man, Maor Lain
- Can't...Can't...Can't, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Fiction And Storytelling, Dexsta Ray
- ! Infamous Disgrace (PH Advertising Comm.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- The Real Of Me!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Smudged Black Kohal, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Journey #1, Heather Burns
- An Earthen Lamp, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Let me love you, gajanan mishra
- Leah Is Safe, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anthropomorphism, Lenore Lee
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)