David Chap Bottoms
Thoughts and Solitude
The room is still,
The walls quietly creek with the stillness of my breath.
The bright screen illuminating my face,
Eyes glued to quite moving pictures.
My mind is gone,
Racking thoughts away as my body lays here.
So much pain and heart ache,
So much uncertainty within my soul.
I can feel it struggling,
Trying to not tear apart.
I can feel the warmth in my face rise,
Memories flash in my mind.
They are so vivid,
I can almost touch them.
Those cold tears fall from my face,
Without even realizing or reacting to them.
They fall silent,
Just as I have.
I can no longer stare at the burning light,
I can only bury my head into the pillows.
The sounds are muffled,
And they are low.
I mutter a pray to myself,
But it fills the quiet room.
It is for strength,
Not selfish prayers for just me,
But for her as well.
Prayers for the future,
That might be.
But it is better to just wait,
For time to work its course.
Turning back to the screen,
I wipe my eyes.
I find the remote,
And the room fills with a low sound.
I stare at the bright screen,
As I try and reach my peace.
David Chap Bottoms's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thoughts and Solitude by David Chap Bottoms )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Watched In Wonder, Kyle Schlicher
- Snowflake Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- Weep No More, My Willow Tree!, Maria Magdalena Biela
- ebola virus, ademola oluwabusayo
- The Mirror of your life... can you face .., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra
- My Prabhu! .....(Inspiration from KEE Th.., Geetha Jayakumar
- Arguendo, Michael Mullings
- Poem: Spiritual Upgrade, Joseph James Breunig 3rd