David Chap Bottoms
Thoughts and Solitude
The room is still,
The walls quietly creek with the stillness of my breath.
The bright screen illuminating my face,
Eyes glued to quite moving pictures.
My mind is gone,
Racking thoughts away as my body lays here.
So much pain and heart ache,
So much uncertainty within my soul.
I can feel it struggling,
Trying to not tear apart.
I can feel the warmth in my face rise,
Memories flash in my mind.
They are so vivid,
I can almost touch them.
Those cold tears fall from my face,
Without even realizing or reacting to them.
They fall silent,
Just as I have.
I can no longer stare at the burning light,
I can only bury my head into the pillows.
The sounds are muffled,
And they are low.
I mutter a pray to myself,
But it fills the quiet room.
It is for strength,
Not selfish prayers for just me,
But for her as well.
Prayers for the future,
That might be.
But it is better to just wait,
For time to work its course.
Turning back to the screen,
I wipe my eyes.
I find the remote,
And the room fills with a low sound.
I stare at the bright screen,
As I try and reach my peace.
David Chap Bottoms's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thoughts and Solitude by David Chap Bottoms )
- Rainbow Looms, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ngiyindodana yakwa Zulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- Uyakhumbula, senzokhaya umhayi
- Wedwa, senzokhaya umhayi
- time or space?, ko the skipper
- The Truth Are From The Laws, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer