Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
Oju merin loun bimo, Igba Oju lon wo dagba, a thousand palms clapping the baby's name, a thousand voices singing the lullaby, a thousand eyes watching the growth, a thousand smiles, a thousand tears,
The baby grows into the man, a thousand steps, a thousand thought, a thousand persons cross his path, a thousand lessons, thousand experiences, thousand aim, thousand goals, a thousand feelings to shape his views, a thousands principles but one he'd choose.
Beru ba joba....., the man get to the seat of power, a thousand lies, a thousand deceits, an unending mockery of our morals, a thousand thorns, thousand shrapnel, a thousand pains inflicted on his people, a thousand sacrificed in his pursuit of power, a thousand murdered, thousand jailed.
Odo to gbagbe orisun, the people's cry in agony, a thousand screams, thousand sorrows, a thousand palms dusted in wondering his madness, a thousand voices raining him curse, a thousand fasts, thousand prays, frustrated by their own brother, unwilling and tired of his rein.
Ojuboro o se gbomo lowo ekuro, the people revolt.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thousand Voices by Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Takim miqesh..., skender iljaz braka
- Loti i engjellit dhe loti i djallit, skender iljaz braka
- Prime Truth - 12, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 11, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 10, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Flying Dutchman , Gert Strydom
- Tu ktheva, o det., skender iljaz braka
- Shkujdesur ecja rrugeve te qytetit, skender iljaz braka
- Retrospektive, skender iljaz braka
- Catharine, Gert Strydom