Through the Paintbrush
She can scream through a paintbrush.
It's safer that way.
The frozen blue of cold rejection,
Green poison of jealousy,
Red - oh, God, - RED
No, I cannot let this out.
RED is a colour of such anger
Such pain -
those memories -
Fight them, close them back in the box.
Push the lid down,
don't let the red seep through.
It destroys, it burns, it scars.
No, never let the red through.
Don't feel the pain.
If the red escapes the screams will never be still.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Through the Paintbrush by Diana Thomas )
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)