Through the Paintbrush
She can scream through a paintbrush.
It's safer that way.
The frozen blue of cold rejection,
Green poison of jealousy,
Red - oh, God, - RED
No, I cannot let this out.
RED is a colour of such anger
Such pain -
those memories -
Fight them, close them back in the box.
Push the lid down,
don't let the red seep through.
It destroys, it burns, it scars.
No, never let the red through.
Don't feel the pain.
If the red escapes the screams will never be still.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Through the Paintbrush by Diana Thomas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra
- Maple Tree, Kyle Schlicher