Thy Be Not Proud
Thy be not proud,
because pride falls with a broken heart.
Hither were you gone so far as you were judas
A pest beneath your feet is not what I seek.
A bite would make you sick
Thy be not proud
I would slay my belief and lift my spirits,
from the dark.
Make you beg for my wish
I would chain you up,
A place where the filth dwells.
Like to burn the shroud
Thy be not proud.
Sandesh Shetty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thy Be Not Proud by Sandesh Shetty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- Forsaken, Clara Keiper
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- Titbit Of Tit, Saanumi ikujuni
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- hold me with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass
- The piano tutor......, Marshall Gass