Thy Be Not Proud
Thy be not proud,
because pride falls with a broken heart.
Hither were you gone so far as you were judas
A pest beneath your feet is not what I seek.
A bite would make you sick
Thy be not proud
I would slay my belief and lift my spirits,
from the dark.
Make you beg for my wish
I would chain you up,
A place where the filth dwells.
Like to burn the shroud
Thy be not proud.
Sandesh Shetty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thy Be Not Proud by Sandesh Shetty )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Plains, Brandt Nightingale
- Pull A String, Blushing, Ryan Scales
- Stillness, Brandt Nightingale
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock
- A PRETTY MARRIAGE OF OUR TIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland I.., Ryan Scales
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland, Ryan Scales
- 21 Shades Of Blue Intertext Part 1: The .., Ryan Scales