Thy Be Not Proud
Thy be not proud,
because pride falls with a broken heart.
Hither were you gone so far as you were judas
A pest beneath your feet is not what I seek.
A bite would make you sick
Thy be not proud
I would slay my belief and lift my spirits,
from the dark.
Make you beg for my wish
I would chain you up,
A place where the filth dwells.
Like to burn the shroud
Thy be not proud.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thy Be Not Proud by Sandesh Shetty )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Rainbow, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Enriched, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Lights, Meriam Joseph
- 12/12/13, Andy Sayasone
- Endless Deep Beauty, Michael P. McParland
- Empty Nights, Michael P. McParland
- You Are......, Michael P. McParland
- आतंकवाद और उसका मज़हब (Terrorism and its.., Pawan Kumar Bharti
- Your Sweet Love, Michael P. McParland
- Enemies., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Room of Lust, Dorsey Baker