Thy Be Not Proud
Thy be not proud,
because pride falls with a broken heart.
Hither were you gone so far as you were judas
A pest beneath your feet is not what I seek.
A bite would make you sick
Thy be not proud
I would slay my belief and lift my spirits,
from the dark.
Make you beg for my wish
I would chain you up,
A place where the filth dwells.
Like to burn the shroud
Thy be not proud.
Sandesh Shetty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thy Be Not Proud by Sandesh Shetty )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Anthem For Black Lives To Matter, carol carter
- Animals Need Us, Naveed Akram
- No will, Angell Afinowi
- ak nayi subha, harshit madaan
- a good day to say goodbye, Juwon Daniel
- The Fall, Robert Kane
- THE AWAKENING, Chromium Blues
- Recife Sidewalks, Kim Barney
- Friendship is the desire of soul, love exo
- Brave Women, Shqipe Prence