Lenin Meitei Thingujam
Am I standing still on a moving train?
`Cause I see things passing me by before my eyes
Let me take a moment
I want to savour these dried roses
Should I wait for the next moment?
`Cause “This too shall pass”, the Sufis said
Let me wait a moment
The grass does look greener in the future
Caught between yesterday and tomorrow
I feel like a rubber band
Stretched beyond recognition-
A bridge between who I was and will be
I am well-rounded
How I am not supposed to roll?
Set me free, Oh Lord!
I want to be reborn everyday
Lenin Meitei Thingujam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (TIME by Lenin Meitei Thingujam )
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)