DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
O Time- sweet time! Thy gifts eternal and blissful;
Passing silently sprinkling stream of joys and sorrows unmindful,
Enormous are gifts souls blessed with of time bountiful,
Time's hand filled with wondrous magic skills,
Brings about a lot of transformations,
In many a thing, living and non-living, beyond imagination.
Mysterious is thy birth, souls muse upon where and when,
And then in stillness of night appears God and whispers-Time is born,
And when time thinks of you-You are born
Then thy gift so rare and so divine,
That Gods in Heavens aspire to be gifted even
That rare human birth by thee in earth divine.
And time wasting no time brings in, in quick succession,
Your childhood, your youth, your old age and life's occasion.
Precious are thy gifts I cherish, love, and cling to my heart, O Time divine,
And thy gift 'Sai' of shirdi to the world so precious like a jewelled mine,
That in life to part with, souls wish never for a moment even.
For I know I shall be stripped of those loved gifts soon by thy exquisite design,
And unto the grave I shall be dragged soon to abide by thy eternal rules
For I know none of thy precious gifts shall with us ever remain,
And that under thy rule have risen and perished many an empire,
nation and civilization,
Me likewise in the stream of time shall rise and fall without exception.
But my love for Him shall rise and rise and never to wane
Yet I plead O Time spare thy exclusive gift me blessed with,
The love, big love, sun of love- eternal and blissful,
For 'Sai' my God, my lord, my supreme, my Allah and my Christ,
My Ishwar, my Krishna, my Rama, my Buddha, my Kabir and my Sadguru,
In the stream of time from perishing and fading into oblivion.
Let my love for Him grow with thy care utmost,
And when I leave for Heaven and Him there I meet,
Manifold my love for Him would have grown,
And towards immortality it would have gone.
O Time-sweet time! Thy gifts eternal and so blissful.....
DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Baba's love considered to be a time's gift.......
Comments about this poem (Time's gifts by DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK )
Did you read them?
- Pinkish lips, Nassy Fesharaki
- The heiress to my poetry...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Black Autism in America (B.A. in America), Lisa Rhodes
- Pond Frond, Saiom Shriver
- Gouden Carolus, my whiskey flat, Havilah
- To pave the way, Alexandra Motschmann
- Still to be Neat, Ben Jonson
- You Need To Read This, michael crowley
- detail in abstract, Cee Bea
- Word Power, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)