Pursuing what is true one can't help to find truth.
Hoping for what is good bears fruit of goodness.
Living by faith because everything I have, hope, imagine to have or keep depends on it.
Serving others like I desire to be served.
Giving cheerfully because I am grateful for the increase others receive from my doing so.
Valuing and redeeming the gift of time helps me to spend it not wasting yours or my time.
Living without regret, worry, or fret keeps dark tinted hairs to remain that way.
I reflect on these ways that please me and find no other ways to spend my time these days.
When the balance of my days have expire, I will rejoice that my time spent did matter.
The measure thereof to things that matter is whether the fruit of my days live beyond my last chest rise and fall.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Time Spent by Timothy Branch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Mark Strand
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those Who Long For Death, Saiom Shriver
- Babe, Saiom Shriver
- Twelve Christmas Angels, Loyd C. Taylor
- When I am able to do what I like عندما ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Poemhunter, Khairul Ahsan
- Within My Dreams, Michael P. McParland