! ! Tiny Fingers
pat the window
and squeal at the dog
wagging on the other side.
tease the gap
between door and jamb
and sneak them apart.
press pea and pumpkin
and decorate the dish.
prod my wrinkled face
and let me know,
how much I matter.
Alison Cassidy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (! ! Tiny Fingers by Alison Cassidy )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Remembering Beauty Of Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Feeling Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Don't Know Who You Are, Vera Sidhwa
- Poet's Space, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Flower Puff was Given To Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Thank You Darling, Michael P. McParland
- All Through The Night, Lora Colon
- How people Behave, Angell Afinowi
- Of Course it Was a Perfect Day, Ernest Lowe
- everything i ever wrote sort of had your.., Mandolyn ...