Diana van den Berg
as you probably know,
. . . it was a strange thing. . .
today, I was thinking
up there in Heaven
of the very same day,
when I phoned Chrisjan,
from the background.
I didn’t mishear her.
In fact, I didn’t hear her
and Chrisjan asked me if I heard her
and I said I didn’t
and he repeated what she said,
and I said, “Hello daughter”.
I know you won’t mind her calling me that.
In fact, I know that you will understand
better than I do,
better than she does,
that it is
a tribute from her to you
a gift from you to me.
(22 November 2008)
Diana van den Berg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Arlene by Diana van den Berg )
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
- Mother the First and Best teacher of my .., Antonio Liao
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda