Diana van den Berg
as you probably know,
. . . it was a strange thing. . .
today, I was thinking
up there in Heaven
of the very same day,
when I phoned Chrisjan,
from the background.
I didn’t mishear her.
In fact, I didn’t hear her
and Chrisjan asked me if I heard her
and I said I didn’t
and he repeated what she said,
and I said, “Hello daughter”.
I know you won’t mind her calling me that.
In fact, I know that you will understand
better than I do,
better than she does,
that it is
a tribute from her to you
a gift from you to me.
(22 November 2008)
Diana van den Berg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Arlene by Diana van den Berg )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Needs, Nalini Chaturvedi
- One(1) Classroom, herbert guitang
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Nasha pyaar ka, binod bastola
- The Storyteller, David Lewis Paget
- Read yourself, Eleonora Bistrianu
- State dictates people to be violent, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just After Dawn, David Harris
- Graveyard, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Moments, Eleonora Bistrianu