Recently I’ve been mesmerized by fire.
The way it dances and sparks
And the way it ignites the darkness
But most importantly the way it turns to ash.
The way a bright beacon of light
Can turn to a pile of cinders
And that cinder is usually just forgotten
But why should we forget things that at one time
Were ever so entrancing
As the fire was to me?
Ash too can be entrancing
Though grey and seemingly spent,
If you catch it just at the right time
And the right place
You can see the coals re emerge at the surface.
And when you care to those coals
And when you really truly want the fire to return
You can sometimes
See a flame within an ash
And bring it back.
Because there is nothing more rejuvenating
Than bringing life
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Ashes by Gabe Florsheim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Heroe, Portia Lane
- She, Anil Karki
- We, the great family, Anil Karki
- My Problem With Words, Valsa George
- Purchased Palsy, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock