To Give, and To Get, Birth
Is giving a birth unloading or bearing?
Is getting a birth gaining or suffering?
A child would forgo receiving kisses
If each kiss is followed by a pinch.
A lad would refrain from kissing his girl
If each kiss is rewarded with a slap.
One might want to avoid giving birth,
For the burden that comes from happiness.
One might want to escape getting rebirth
For the suffering that comes from happiness.
Lust for sex is a bait to get young ones.
Births withheld, baits are chewed, for fear of pain.
The drive for procreation is dying.
To be free of rebirth can be achieved.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Give, and To Get, Birth by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Turtle's Tale, Lawrence Beck
- Dream along imagination, Okunuga Olanreywaju
- red light zone, lee fones
- A FOLK SONG اغنية فولكلورية JESSIE MACKAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Like food, hasmukh amathalal
- Earth's surface, gajanan mishra
- Lost, Tiku akp
- The Spider And The Spray Can Man, Donal Mahoney
- Your Emerald Eyes, Francie Lynch
- The Truth Is Not Blind, Wilfred Mellers