to let go
To Let Go
by Stephen on September 13,2008 · 23 comments
in Inspirational stories
To let go does not mean to stop caring, it means I can’t do it for someone else.
To let go is not to cut myself off, it’s the realization that I can’t control another.
To let go is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences.
To let go is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands.
To let go is not to try to change or blame another, it’s to make the most of myself.
To let go is not to care for, but to care about.
To let go is not to fix, but to be supportive.
To let go is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being.
To let go is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their own destinies.
To let go is not to be protective, it’s to permit another to face reality.
To let go is not to criticize, or regulate anyone, but to try to become what I dream I can do.
To let go is to fear less, and to love more.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (to let go by KINGJ KINGJ )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Poem in Memory of Russell D. Franklyn of.., Virgil Suárez
- I know, I know, I know, Pijush Biswas
- A Painter's Glee, Virgil Suárez
- Windows, Phil Soar
- La serpiente que divide el mundo, Train .., Virgil Suárez
- The Myth of the Fabulous Sinkhole Island, Virgil Suárez
- In The House of White Light, Virgil Suárez
- AND IT WAS WRITTEN, Stephen Karnaghan
- Legacy, Babatunde Aremu
- Prayer by the Fire, Mark R. Elias