Robert William Service
There lies the trail to Sunnydale,
Amid the lure of laughter.
Oh, how can we unhappy be
Beneath its leafy rafter!
Each perfect hour is like a flower,
Each day is like a posy.
How can you say the skies are grey?
You're wrong, my friend, they're rosy.
With right good will let's climb the hill,
And leave behind all sorrow.
Oh, we'll be gay! a bright to-day
Will make a bright to-morrow.
Oh, we'll be strong! the way is long
That never has a turning;
The hill is high, but there's the sky,
And how the West is burning!
And if through chance of circumstance
We have to go bare-foot, sir,
We'll not repine -- a friend of mine
Has got no feet to boot, sir.
This Happiness a habit is,
And Life is what we make it:
See! there's the trail to Sunnydale!
Up, friend! and let us take it.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Sunnydale by Robert William Service )
Did you read them?
- Villanelle: Even childhood teenage nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Conversation between Two Dead Bodies, Md. Ziaul Haque
- This World is Full of Beauty, Gerald Massey
- Let's Get Wet in Moonlight, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Inner Sacrifice, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Tribute to a Writer, Md. Ziaul Haque
- For Touching You Once, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Be Mine Forever, Md. Ziaul Haque
- It's a Beautiful World, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Beauty, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- My Retreat, Jose Rizal
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)