RIC S. BASTASA
To Swim Today
What i love most
is a beautiful morning
when ideas are fresh
like red daisies still wearing the
pearls of dew
when we feel so invigorated
like new bodies coming out from the wombs
of our mothers
i look outside
the trees are taller
leaves swaying to the whispers of the winds
beyond me the sea with white foams on their tongues
white boats sail with fishermen fishing for the food of the day
their wives waiting for what shall be brought inside wicker baskets
some kids are playing on the soccer fields
goats and cows graze at the other side of the plains
more reasons add up to living
and i repeat the same phrase to my sad friend in Minnesota'Don't give up. Life is beautiful! '
i do not wish to end. But i too have to go.
Today, i shall swim and have my date with the blue sea.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Swim Today by RIC S. BASTASA )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Passage From Trinidad, Angela Wybrow
- We are two Inharmonious Worlds as a Cry, Fatima Nusairat
- Adazeh Ador-Ishama's Horn, Tony Adah
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant
- sticky love fest...messed me up good, Mandolyn ...
- Take a Picture, Katelin Taylor
- The New Life: Fifth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick
- Again Daddy Again, Tammy Ashton
- Winter flower, ramesh rai
- Silence In The Interrogation Room, Kyle Schlicher