To the International Soldier Fallen in Spain
If there are men who contain a soul without frontiers,
a brow scattered with universal hair,
covered with horizons, ships, and mountain chains,
with sand and with snow, then you are one of those.
Fatherlands called to you with all their banners,
so that your breath filled with beautiful movements.
You wanted to quench the thirst of panthers
and fluttered full against their abuses.
With a taste of all suns and seas,
Spain beckons you because in her you realize
your majesty like a tree that embraces a continent.
Around your bones, the olive groves will grow,
unfolding their iron roots in the ground,
embracing men universally, faithfully.
Miguel Hernandez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To the International Soldier Fallen in Spain by Miguel Hernandez )
- Zulu lezintandane, senzokhaya umhayi
- JANICE'S DRESS., Terry Collett
- Thando unjani, senzokhaya umhayi
- Sweet And Lovely Words, Edward Kofi Louis
- Engimthadayo, senzokhaya umhayi
- Underground Poet, senzokhaya umhayi
- Le Mfihlo yethu, senzokhaya umhayi
- chat up, lee fones
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi