To Unite My Hand
This feather is made to unite my hand,
Yet to tickle others is a feat of bravery.
For the One Above on His throne is to reside
In this existence of the solutes and solvents.
This feather makes humour,
But humour is not within the realm.
Life is a loving affair of brilliance,
Humour is so unimportant compared to Him.
Life vanishes when He wishes,
Feathers of the birds cannot amount to
The same blessings bestowed.
For we are His creation,
Vanishing would mean sudden death,
And that would be relentless,
Like the objective of the hidden one,
Who whispers in the hearts of creatures
That solving the heavenly spheres
Subjects mothers and fathers and sons
To the depths of an abyss.
The hidden one speaks like a devilish object,
An idol to speak to and to pray to
With a seal of the human heart.
Reject this being from the inner desires,
So that devils betray themselves and
Peace returns once more,
So that the Throne Of The One Above
Happens to our faculties more so.
We must receive any blessing
That we deserve for we are
Ones not treacherous.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Unite My Hand by Naveed Akram )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Below, Frank Avon
- God's own..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- 2 Fast And The Furious, Mark Harper
- midnight dream, Cee Bea
- know you are there...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- You Are Your Wish, Gbolagade Taiwo
- a small stop...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Id est, Frank Avon
- December 28th: Feast Of The Holy Innocents, Saiom Shriver
- End of the Year, Light Mark