Today... 'The King of Kings'
Enthroned upon high as Sovereign Lord
mighty angels and men obey His word
prostrate before His throne they bend
for His eternal kingdom will never end.
Every knee before Him shall bow down
and His Praise shall all other praises drown.
Omnipotent and glorious in might
the King of kings is a wonderful sight
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
You, O king, are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory.
1 Timothy 6: 15
which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
Revelation 17: 14
They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.'
Revelation 19: 16
On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The King of kings'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'The King of Kings' by Roy Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Notes Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living With Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Childhood Preparing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tempted, Electric Lady
- Sincerity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Explanations In Verse, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Coinciding Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rivers, Angela Khristin Brown
- (BOOK # 6) : Sheila And Clifford: BACK I.., Bri Edwards
- Optimism ahead, gajanan mishra