Today... 'The King of Kings'
Enthroned upon high as Sovereign Lord
mighty angels and men obey His word
prostrate before His throne they bend
for His eternal kingdom will never end.
Every knee before Him shall bow down
and His Praise shall all other praises drown.
Omnipotent and glorious in might
the King of kings is a wonderful sight
(additional background information is provided in the Poem's story box below)
Roy Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
You, O king, are the king of kings. The God of heaven has given you dominion and power and might and glory.
1 Timothy 6: 15
which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
Revelation 17: 14
They will make war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will overcome them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.'
Revelation 19: 16
On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
All quotations ©NIV
The Bible calls You by many names
each one giving a glimpse of Your glory.
Like a cut diamond radiating in the sun
with every facet depicting a glorious
aspect of Your Divine Nature.
Today I have thought of You as
'The King of kings'
Comments about this poem (Today... 'The King of Kings' by Roy Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Jugnoo, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Am I Living Alive, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Sunset: Couple Time, Saiom Shriver
- A Vague Twist, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Petty With Beliefs, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Goodnight Prayer, Michael P. McParland
- A Faux Sense of Futility, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- This Aging Man, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Farewell Decay, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Something Sweet, Michael P. McParland
- who's the Charles in charge of this?, Mandolyn ...