Life is funny,
toss me into the sea,
rough me up,
knife my heart half a dozen time.
Make me run like hell for pancakes and butter,
Tasting the saltiness of the sea,
watching waves crash on me.
Kites above so low,
clouds dance like rainbows,
kissing the air as it hits my face,
watch the world spin in hyper speed.
hold a strangers hand,
slap a tree,
see the impossible.
jump off the plane,
and make love like it's never happening again.
Life is Funny.
Why torture ourselves.
Dislocated Heart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Torture Ourselves by Dislocated Heart )
- Our Leader, Narendra Kuppan
- Nothing Left, John Masaitis
- Coffee And Tea, Edward Kofi Louis
- Toys?, John Masaitis
- To Stand Up For The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe