Tough rules must prevail
Where are we heading?
Who is really leading?
Are we in safe hands?
Who is real foe or friend?
The same questions come and rock
We are running now out of stock
People are fed up with scandals
Ladies are ready to beat them with sandals
“No shame” they feel
All credits they claim
Lavish entertainment even in jail
Poor man wonders about treatment they avail
Politics has become real profession
Everything is in hand with concession
Politicians grab not only fertile land
But push country to debt trap at dead end
There is no death penalty for rapists
There is no talk about fight and feasts
Inside the parliament and inside the government
Everybody claims to be naked saint
Sages have turned great smartens
Not less than any film villain
All kinds of misdeeds have come to light as women mongers
We worship them as god’s messengers
There is no let up anywhere
It must stop somewhere
Tough rules with no exception
Fear in mind must prevail since inception
hasmukh amathalal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tough rules must prevail by hasmukh amathalal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock
- Where Are The People Who Say They Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cryptic Revealed Smile Enigmatic Eye Awa.., Terence G. Craddock
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah