A time and place to come to try
To be the champion for the prize.
The scent attracting swarms to vie,
Awinged en masse destiny flies,
Like jousting knights in colored flair,
Hoping to gain the favored nod
Of the opposite sex so fair.
Food and frolic to feed the bod.
Contenders joust upon the field,
Bestowed by nature as a 'gift, '
Until the contenders all yield
To a new game that has been sniffed.
Nothing like a fresh pile of dung
To rally flies, near and far flung.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tourna(excre) Ment by Ima Ryma )
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch
- Smiling, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Desperation and Suicide, Is It Poetry
- Journey Rythms, Tony Adah