A time and place to come to try
To be the champion for the prize.
The scent attracting swarms to vie,
Awinged en masse destiny flies,
Like jousting knights in colored flair,
Hoping to gain the favored nod
Of the opposite sex so fair.
Food and frolic to feed the bod.
Contenders joust upon the field,
Bestowed by nature as a 'gift, '
Until the contenders all yield
To a new game that has been sniffed.
Nothing like a fresh pile of dung
To rally flies, near and far flung.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tourna(excre) Ment by Ima Ryma )
- Life's a Ball, Alice Cordy
- 'Did I ever Exist? ', Ananta Madhavan
- Keep safe, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunshine, Hanh Chau
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
- Ongoing Mental De-Evolution, michael walkerjohn
- Crossroads Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)