RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Towers Of Strength
Towers of strength, tumble and fall, leaving all to wonder the reasons why.
Not knowing that strength needs close friendship too, everyone shuns people who seem strong, unless it's to talk about themselves or ask advice.
Everyone needs friendship, someone close, whom you are able to talk to, communicate with - feeling safe - trusting in a friend.
People who are towers of strength, also feel loneliness equally strong.
More so, perhaps, than the average person does.
Strong people feel intensely, experience things deeply, hear words not being said to them.
Turning away sadly, time after time, having liked someone, wanting to be friends, are again disappointed, because they had only needed to hear from someone strong and then be on their way, mingling with other friends.
Daylight gathers rays of sun like people who are strong, always there, dependable, responsible, yet only appreciated for what they are doing, and very seldom thought of.
Towers of strength, tumble and fall, is there anyone who wonders why once in a while?
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Towers Of Strength by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- In Every Cell There Is A White Dove, mary douglas
- Child of the Supreme, gajanan mishra
- House Wanted: In A Dream, mary douglas
- Think of Me., Alyssa Rose
- Unquenchable, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everybody is selfish, hasmukh amathalal
- Rose Pink Flamingo Flurries Over Africa, mary douglas
- For The Moment, A Sanskrit Illumination, mary douglas
- This High Circus Life Has, mary douglas
- Perfect Christmas Stocking, mary douglas