Lawrence S. Pertillar
Toxic And Abusive Relationships
Very few consciously choose,
To enter into toxic and abusive relationships.
And if the few who do this can be excused,
As empathy seeking victims and with the getting of it...
Why have many committed themselves consciously,
To stay and complain about their mistreatment...
Done by someone no one hears from their point of view,
To defend themselves from those accusations made...
Or the reasons why,
Another who has accused them with complaints,
Made to others of what was done to do...
Yet remains in the same environment without leaving.
But when it is done it is done to do to complain,
And not done to do to make a dramatic and effective change.
'Why did you leave that 'situation'? '
~I got tired of hearing from others,
What it was I wasn't doing or did to not do.~
'And what about your mate? Your ex-mate? '
~Well 'hopefully' they will meet someone,
They can not lie on to victimize with abuse accustations.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Toxic And Abusive Relationships by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A truth that few would know, Michael Mullings
- Lover of Fire, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Burning Heart, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Peddlers of Dream, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Orembiere, Missau Missau
- Lustful Fire, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- N.Y.S.C. Orientation camp Nkwere, Missau Missau
- To Touch Dream, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The sky viewer, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Love without Tongue, Zillur Rahman Shuvro