Janine Alyssa Navarro
Trace him, chase him
through his evident sneakers.
The streets are quiet,
his pulse races; it’s a give-away!
Wait in a room,
then slip fluidly into the night.
Get gone, be gone
before lights rise to wakefulness.
Kill him, kill him,
he’s out to kill before the morning shine.
Stab his throat
until air turns to spurting blood.
Murder him, murder him
turn him into your victim.
Hide your face;
you are unknown, you don’t exist.
Floating above us all,
be the killer of killers.
You were his sole weakness,
kill him before he becomes yours.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trace by Janine Alyssa Navarro )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies