Janine Alyssa Navarro
Trace him, chase him
through his evident sneakers.
The streets are quiet,
his pulse races; it’s a give-away!
Wait in a room,
then slip fluidly into the night.
Get gone, be gone
before lights rise to wakefulness.
Kill him, kill him,
he’s out to kill before the morning shine.
Stab his throat
until air turns to spurting blood.
Murder him, murder him
turn him into your victim.
Hide your face;
you are unknown, you don’t exist.
Floating above us all,
be the killer of killers.
You were his sole weakness,
kill him before he becomes yours.
Janine Alyssa Navarro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Trace by Janine Alyssa Navarro )
- Rising For Another Day, Michael McParland
- The head, gajanan mishra
- Tobacco use, hasmukh amathalal
- Mystery of love, Chiazo Egbukwu
- Complete homes, hasmukh amathalal
- Landfill, Phil Soar
- W-a-t-c-h! Fury online movie free full s.., afandi azhaa
- Inadequacy (Depression), Avuyile 'Avue' Maseko
- Sonnet: To My Doctor Boss, Dr John Celes
- Awakening, Dipankar Sadhukhan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)