Traffic Island Cop
Just one wave of his hands
The long lines of vehicles stop
Sun burnt rain drenched
Emotionless he stands
The traffic island cop!
You curse him if the wait is long
He’s just a faceless object
Like a post stands erect
In a fast lane his whistle blows
The traffic slows….
He has home, a wife
Away from traffic a life
A face without uniform
A corner to keep him warm
A vastly different island
Where he hates to command
And hopes no whistle brings to stop
The happiness of a traffic island cop!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Traffic Island Cop by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Be aware of rules, gajanan mishra
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz
- Green Flag, Nassy Fesharaki